Adoptions Together hosts undergraduate and graduate interns at locations in the Baltimore/Washington area. Adoptions Together interns will have the opportunity to work in programs in home study, placement, post-adopt support and counseling services for birth families, adoptive families, and children.
Who Should Apply:
Undergraduate students in Family Science or a closely related program can apply for Family Science internships. Second year MSW students are eligible to apply for Social Work Internships in our Domestic Infant Program and Counseling programs.
Family Science internships are hosted in our Baltimore, Maryland and Calverton, Maryland offices. Social Work internships are hosted in our Calverton, Maryland and Washington, DC offices.
How to Apply:
Applicants will need to apply via our applicant portal providing a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should describe your background, experience, interest in social work, and should specify which semester you would like to complete the internship.
Adoptions Together is an equal opportunity employer. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted during the time periods listed below
- October 1-October 31 for Spring Family Science internships
- March 1-March 31 for Summer/Fall Family Science internships
Masters Level Internships:
- January 1-February 15 and June 1-July 1 for Social Work Fall internships
Adoptions Together only offers institutional credit internships which are unpaid.
- Candidates must have an interest in social work and the wellbeing of families.
- At minimum, should be a student at a college/university in good standing in a MSW, Family Science, or other program directly related to the proposed internship.
- Interns must respect and be open to the clients of Adoptions Together. Adoptions Together provides services to clients regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in PC usage, along with proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Have the ability to arrive to the placement site on time and in a reliable fashion.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of client information.
Selection and Interviews:
After the application period has closed, HR will conduct a review of all applications received. Supervisors will conduct interviews with finalists. Supervisors also will make the final hiring decision.