(Pre-Adoptive), 3.5 hours
The Embracing Your Family Pre-Adoptive Seminar focuses on the integration of a new child into your family. We discuss the relationship between trauma, attachment and brain development, and provide techniques for enhancing bonding and attachment between parent and child. Substantial time and discussion is devoted to the subject of race and adoption. Other topics include: prenatal substance exposure, empathy for birth parents, and preparing for the adjustment to parenting. All trainings are from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm and cost $150.00 unless otherwise stated.
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 (Calverton)
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 (Calverton)
- Thursday, February 20 (Virginia)
- Thursday, March 19 (Calverton)
- Thursday, April 30 (Calverton)
- Thursday, May 21 (Virginia)
- Thursday, June 18 (Calverton)
- Tuesday, July 28 (Virginia)
- Thursday, August 27 (Calverton)
- Tuesday, September 29 (Calverton)
- Tuesday, November 17 (Virginia)
- Tuesday, December 15 (Calverton)
Please register for this training through your MyAdoptionPortal account. If you have any problems or do not have a MyAdoptionPortal account please contact Alyssa Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 402-1109.